,

Monday, September 20, 2004

Whew.

Been a long time since I've written here. In some ways I suppose this ends up supporting the greater purpose of wanting to write without fear of creating controversy over what I've written. If I never keep up with this, people will, over time, forget it's here.

Except Ron C. Hey Ron. You're probably reading this now, feeling pretty smug that you and you alone have seen these words. So this actually becomes like a message board then...a place where Ron and I can chat. By the way Ron...I read your blog about F.B., and was deeply moved.

There. Now we have all the formalities over with. Now maybe I can start shaking some of these thoughts loose, spread them out like puzzle pieces, and start putting some essays together. One of the things that's been weighing on my mind lately is prejudice. My prejudice. It's not a racial thing at all. I was raised in a family where the phrase "we all come from one father" was drilled into my head from an early age. I've never really struggled with racial prejudice.

My prejudice is more sinister, I think...because it could be seen as excusable.

Most of the people around me would probably hear of my prejudice, and nod approvingly, saying things like "right on" and "you tell 'em!".

If prejudice is defined as a sense of superiority over and a reupulsion towards a particular type of person...then I've seriously got issues that I need God's help to overcome. It's really been bothering me lately.

Oh yeah....who am I prejudice against? Religious people. Weird, isn't it? I've been recognizing this in myself for a while. If a person comes up and begins speaking to me with heavy "christianeese" language, I feel myself internally flinching, wanting to back away.

*I just got word that Barb Cupp is in the emergency room at Bay....I'll have to finish this later.*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home