,

Thursday, October 07, 2004

On his journey, he's seen many things. He's skinned his knees and bruised his hands and cried more tears than he really thinks necessary. He's wandered through dry places, where the dust of the road coated his throat, and run with abandon through lush forests that sparkle with bubbling springs. All of it a journey through wide open places. It was never as closed in and limited as it seemed at times.

It's on mornings like this that he sees it. Moments of clarity that reorient him on the trail. He's hunting for clues, and he hears laughter in the forest ahead of him.

Maybe the world is on the verge of turning?

"I am bending my knee

In the eye of the Father who created me,

In the eye of the Son who purchased me,

In the eye of the Spirit who cleansed me,

In friendship and affection."

-Carmina Gadelica, -a record of ancient Celtic Christianity


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home