,

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Surf


I've started chapter five over at Rabbi Encounters . This splash page took me a lot longer than I usually try to take on this...but I couldn't help myself. Chapter four, while carrying (what I thought was) an important message, wasn't all that challenging (or interesting) to draw. This chapter, however, is just the opposite. I'm stoked!
I'm also stoked that in the process of trying to drop some poundage, I've been working out my quads...which means my left quad is finally being built back up, and for the first time in two years (since my surgery) I'm not hurting with every step I take! I'm expecting to be able to surf this summer! Now I'm just a little embarrassed that the pain could have been gone a long time ago if I'd have just pushed through and exercised. At least I learned some empathy along the way.

2 Comments:

  • I commend you on working out. It is one of THE most important things you can do for yourself.

    Watch that form! Check out www.exrx.net for new ideas! :)

    By Blogger Unknown, at 10:53 AM  

  • I love this latest page! I especially admire your water. All the inking I've been doing lately has really brought to my attention how difficult it is to try to express depth and texture in a bi-tonal universe.

    And how did you do the rain effect, was that in Photoshop or is that something by hand?

    Well done, sir. Well done.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home