,

Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Rabbi Gets Wet


I added another page to Rabbi Encounters (but if you haven't been reading it, you have to start at the beginning of the chapter, so that's the only link I'm posting). So far, this is my favorite chapter. It's interesting to me that this event in the Rabbi's life changes very little when brought into a modern setting. Its absurd no matter when it happens. Its wonderful how unexpected it is.
A lot of artists through the years have illustrated this event...its shown up in a lot of the movies made about His story...but as I think about it....I don't think I've ever seen any depiction of this event where the Rabbi is actually having fun.
I would have had fun. How could you NOT have fun in a situation like this?
I think the Rabbi had a blast. but that's just me.

7 Comments:

  • This is Great Rob. I show this to a co-worker and they got a kick outta seeing this depliction of the "walking" on the water scene. He is shown as being this solem, ghostly figure in the movies and films, but in reality, it is probably the best view of Jesus surfing in the Bible. CHirst Hanging ten. Thanks for your view

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:19 AM  

  • Rob I have to totally agree with you on this one. I have been reading the Rabbi Encounters as you post the new pages and it is wonderful. And I check all the time for new additions....keep it up..you are doing a great job!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:22 AM  

  • Rob, I really love how creative you were with the names. "Rocky!" Ha! I love it. This chapter has me drooling to see what else you have in store. I'm sure that you could mess everyone up with a Pavlovian experiment by tweaking with the release dates!

    By Blogger Kevin, at 8:43 PM  

  • Great stuff! I should have known that this would be the story you've had "in [your] head for years and years..."

    By Blogger Unknown, at 9:55 PM  

  • That last splash page is awesome! I've got it on my desktop at work. It's sooo cool!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:16 AM  

  • I definitely like your depiction the best!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:59 PM  

  • Well, I've been waiting to check the new chapter because I was hoping you would have enough posted that I wouldn't need to wait to see the whole story. I'm impatient! I love your take on this new story, its really fantastic! A barefoot-surfing Jesus, how cool!

    By Blogger Unknown, at 6:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home