,

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I Remember Fireball XL-5


I'm too young to remember when this show aired on NBC...but I remember it in syndication. My brother was crazy for it. I do remember fondly the toys we had which were inspired by it. Fireball XL-5 was a Gerry Anderson "supermarionation" puppet show (like Thunderbirds) chock full of rockets, robots and rayguns.


I happened on an episode that had been uploaded to Youtube, and started doodling as I watched. How cool would it be to have a comic based on Fireball XL-5, retaining all the goofy, innocent tech stuff (like viewing things through the "space-ma-scope") but infusing it with a more modern edge?


Anyway...here's what I did.

2 Comments:

  • Sweet idea, love the comic. I don't remember this show though - I wish I did! Very cool! Ron

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:19 PM  

  • I've read through your webcomic again. I've caught up on your blog and I've browsed your website. I just can't help but wonder what you're up to now...because you're always up to something. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home