,

Friday, December 17, 2004

The Hippies are coming again. They're bringing more Hippies with them.

Last time the Hippies came, I was so enamored with them, I wanted to leave everything behind, grow dredlocks, learn to play a pan-pipe...and live with them on the road in their not-so-hippy like motor-home.

I love those Hippies. I love the life that bursts from them...on and off stage. I have a serious smile lodged on my face thinking about them coming back. They take me out of my comfort zone...they challenge my middle class, suburban, evangelical worldview....they play killer tribal drums. I want to dance through the woods and howl at the moon when I hear their music. I want to go shirtless and stare at the sparks from a fire and feel the whispering wind kiss my face.

I wonder how long it will take to grow dredlocks? When you're balding? And 43.


sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home