,

Saturday, August 19, 2006

College is exciting

College is an exciting event...if you're a student. Not so much if you're a parent, waving goodbye to the light green Honda, which carries your son, as it disappears around the corner of your street. Then college is a monster who steals babies.

Bradley left for Jacksonville this morning. Janelle leaves Wednesday.

After that, Robbie and I get the house to ourselves. No more messes trailing down the hallway...no more toothpaste on the main bathroom's mirror. No more shouting matches and loud music late at night. No more wild stories of adventures lived throughout the day.

Just peace, and quiet, and tidiness.

Don't get me wrong. Robbie and I had Jessica 9 months after we were married. From that moment on, our great focus was on child-rearing. Not that we didn't take time for ourselves, we did, and our relationship is close and deep. It's just that this is going to be new. Apart from those first nine months (where Robbie was puking or sleeping, and I was working 12 hour days)...we haven't had the house to ourselves. It's just a mystery ahead of us...an adventure.

Anyway...here's what I drew:

3 Comments:

  • I hear ya' bro - boy do I hear ya...Ron

    By Blogger Ron, Kathy & Katlin, at 7:29 PM  

  • I think that because you see it as an adventure that things will go quite smoothly! Besides, I'm sure Daniel and I will come over often to use you for free food and your pool! I love you!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:24 PM  

  • I know how you feel. Our son graduated from college a year and a half ago and our daughter is a college senior. Sometines the house gets too quiet.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home