,

Saturday, September 23, 2006

Does Anyone Really Know What Time It Is?

Does anyone really care? So I'm reading an album review about the Yeah Yeah Yeah's latest in Paste magazine. (Not that I'm cool enough to read Paste on my own, my daughter Jessica brought it home to me from a Sufjan Stevens concert)
Anyway...the reviewer says that the Yeah Yeah Yeah's are his favorite group to come out of the "aughties". He just writes it like that, as though I'm supposed to understand...which at first I thought it was a typo...then I put it together.

THIS is the aughties. We're livin' in it! The Urban Dictionary proves it, by quoting a USA Today article which uses this term in describing our present decade.

Think of it. Four years from now, VH1 will be doing shows called "I love the Aughties"!

Honestly, I'm really glad to know this, as is my wife. When I informed Robbie that we were living in the aughties, her countenance brightened, and she said "Good, I always wondered what we were supposed to call this...I knew it wasn't 'the thousands' because that sounds weird."

I'm going to call the next decade "the Deca's".....just a little heads up.

1 Comments:

  • The Aughties....hmm...I didn't even know about that. Thanks Paste magazine for making us all feel a little bit hipper.

    P.S. I was mentioned in your blog! Yes, this brings my cool points up by at least 3. Sweet!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home