,

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Zombies are tricky

The thing about zombies is...when using them for an allegory for the Gospel, it's important not to get too obvious. Zombies are not subtle by nature, and working with them tends to elicit the urge to move toward obvious conclusions. As I'm pondering the storyline (I probably won't write it out first, but let it develop page by page), I think I need to reign in the allusions a bit.

I started toying with the idea of doing the story in rhyme...like a children's book. Not sure I'm up to that time-wise though.

Anyway...here's another sketch, done in pen and ink. (click on it to see large version)



2 Comments:

  • Personally I don't think that the rhyming idea is a good one. Mostly because I think you'll hit a rhyming wall and then just give up. Stick with the original plan! I'm looking forward to seeing it, and I have faith that you wont take the analogy too far! Good luck!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:20 AM  

  • Looks like a kid I used to teach

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home