,

Monday, September 18, 2006

Cleaning House

So...Robbie and I went to work cleaning up my office/studio today...and three hours later, we completed our mission. During the purge, we went through a pile of old pieces of artwork I'd done back in the mid-80's. So....I may post some of them now and anon.
Here's a pen and ink drawing of a loon from a time I was convinced I wanted to be a wildlife artist. (as always, click on the image to see a larger version)



And then there was the time I was sure I wanted to be an illustrator who specialized in airbrush art.



Some of the stuff I found from back then made me quite nostalgic. It's nice to have a record of where you've been...somehow it makes today so much more meaningful.

2 Comments:

  • Wait a sec...so you wanted to be a wildlife artist, and then you changed your mind? That doesn't sound like you at all!

    Does cleaning make you feel more artsy. Like you've got to hurry up and start some more projects so that the mess can return again.

    That's the way I am. I cleaned my whole house on Sunday. But then yesterday I decided to pull all my old newspapers out and sift through them. Then, I decided I needed to cook because the kitchen was clean. So now my apartment is back to the mess that I know and love! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:02 AM  

  • Jessica my "messica"

    By Blogger rob, at 1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home