,

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Evangelost

I read the book F.A.Q. (Frequently Avoided Questions) by Chuck Smith Jr., and chapter 4, "Do I Have To Sell God?", really struck a chord with me...and I drew this cartoon, which I posted on a few other message boards, but hadn't done so here.
Behold:
You see...that has always been a sticking point with me, ever since I left the church as I'd known it. Why do we treat something as important as the gospel like a salesman trying to get commission on unloading a timeshare? We've lost the basic meaning of the gospel...which is relational from beginning to end (relationship with God restored, relationship with mankind empowered). We've seen the message of Christ as something we need to get people to buy into, instead of doing what the gospel says, and loving people as a demonstration of the gospel's reality, and allowing that to be the introduction of our faith.
I'm not saying there is no place for sharing through words the truths we believe in, but I AM saying that there are natural ways in which those truths come to light, where we as Christians aren't under the unnatural pressure to formulate the right come-back or question to clinch the deal!
Clearly, I have a strong opinion about this. It's my blog....I'm allowed.

2 Comments:

  • I love that comic. The main character's frantic look in the last panel make it for me. You sir are a good comic artist! :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:04 PM  

  • Hey have you read Epiphany by Chuck Smith Jr.?

    By Blogger brianmetz, at 9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home