,

Tuesday, April 27, 2004

The sky is falling!
Actually, it's just a new roof being put on this house by the new owner. This is my "old" place now. I haven't even moved, nor have I signed anything that tells me I have a "new" place...it's just a promise. Even though I live here, and my accumulated stuff is here...it's really not mine anymore. I'm just a resident, a hanger on. I'm waiting for a new place, and already my heart is there.

In Celtic spirituality, places where people feel most strongly connected with God's presence, where the distinction between heaven and earth are less tangible, are referred to as "thin places". It's strange how this house has become a "thin place" to me. Not the house itself, but what is happening here. I'm living a parable of what I'm living as a follower of Christ. I have this life on earth...and earth is where I keep all my stuff...but it's oh, so temporary. I have a new place to go to. I haven't seen it, except in dreams...it's just a promise, but my heart is there already. I'm just a resident here, watching as roofs come and go...waiting until the day I move.

It's good, and sad and perplexing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home