,

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Ok, so I went to therapy for my shoulder yesterday. I really was dreading it, and had come up with an image in my mind of what it would be like. I pictured a dark stone walled cavern, with lots of chains and a rack where I would be bound hand and foot, while a pale hunchback would laugh maniacally and turn the wheel that pulled on my hands and feet.

I couldn't have been more wrong. He wasn't a hunchback at all. I must say though, there were times when he was moving my arm around that I thought for sure he was wearing a devil costume and sparks were coming out of his nostrils.

It turns out that there is good news. He (the therapist) believes that I don't have a torn rotator cuff, but that I am suffering from the bones around the joint impinging on swollen muscle tissue caused from the strain of swatting down the football. My therapist was obviously from India, and he said as I was describing what had happened, "Well, I don't know much from foot-ah-ball, but I suppose the movements that are used are somewhat like this...", and he started flailing his arm around.
I hesitated for a moment...then replied "Well, when I'm playing, yes."

Later on I was explaining that I need to get the use of my shoulder back for surfing, and again he said he didn't know from surfing. It got me wondering what sports they play in India.

Cricket. Apparently, they're really in to it. I would have thought something else...something more exotic, involving elephants. But no....just plain old cricket. And frankly, I don't know from cricket...but I assume the movements involved are something like this.... (please imagine me flailing my arms around now.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home